Tuesday 26 May 2009

Commitment

A meta purpose is a meta commitment to our true path. Our 'tao'. It is a commitment to our calling or our higher purpose (isvara pranayadama).

In order to reliably commit ourselves to something in the first place, we need to understand what our true values are; what it is that is important to us in life.

A meta purpose is a vow we make with our true self (our soul, if you like). And once we have found ourself on this path of transformation, our other commitments in life won't feel exactly right unless we have clarity about our meta purpose. Unless we are authentically living true to our calling, we will feel there is something missing.

For me this means a deeply 'ordinary' life. I can get on with the busy-ness of running my own business - driven by my values of to connect, to communicate, to serve and to be challenged. Yet at the same time, the most important thing in my life - my commitment to 'raja yoga' and self transcedence is honoured through my daily practice of the eight limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Embodied Being Blog by Sue Tupling is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Based on a work at embodiedbeing.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.changeworkscom.co.uk/http://www.changeworkscom.co.uk/.