Saturday 26 February 2011

Buddhism and Yoga: be the moisture

"Does a drop stay still in the ocean?
Move with entirety, and with the tiniest particular.
Be the moisture in an oyster that helps to form one pearl."   Rumi (Sufi mystic poet)

I write this blog because it helps me with my own yoga study and self study. My analytics has been telling me I get a couple of visitors a month. But I still write; albeit with the occasional, fleeting "is it worth it?". Yesterday I found out I am actually getting hundreds of visitors a month. So my koan of "who listens to an unread blog" has been answered : be the moisture in an oyster.

The moisture just is. Its 'being' creates the pearl. It doesn't ask to get noticed. It is not attached to whether the pearl is formed or not. It is present anyway.

So that's why I write: it doesn't matter if anyone is reading (but THANK YOU :-D). I would rather be the moisture than the pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Embodied Being Blog by Sue Tupling is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Based on a work at embodiedbeing.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.changeworkscom.co.uk/http://www.changeworkscom.co.uk/.